11.04.2010

I Love Fall

I really do. I'm always a little sad to see summer end but fall in Washington is usually gorgeous. Right now it's about 70 degrees with clear blue skies. That's better than most of our days last summer! I especially love the changing colors of all the trees and plants around here. So beautiful. And they match my home decor so well! Love it!

Yesterday was the first day in a long while when all the stars aligned for a perfect picture day. Johnnie didn't have school, I didn't have work, neither child needed a haircut, and the weather was beautiful. Of course in our household nothing is ever easy and we didn't actually end up leaving until around 3 pm to find our perfect picture takin' spot.

After getting lost downtown for awhile (I have AWFUL direction skills) and finding three separate spots that I didn't think were good enough I finally found a beautiful little landing spot with TONS of leaves.

So I woke the kids up and threw them in the leaves. What? That's not nice?

Apparently they didn't appreciate it and both totally acted out. And I learned a valuable lesson. That I need a 'helper' for days like that.

I was hoping for a few more pics from the 'shoot' but I am in LOVE with the ones I got. Plus, I think my kids are the cutest children that have ever walked the face of the planet so I am just a little bit biased.


Funny story, after about five minutes of sitting in leaves both my kids were like "eff this" and started running away from me (hence all the pics of them from behind) and after awhile I couldn't even tell them which direction to go in. Joey is just learning how to run and tries to whenever he's got the chance even though he's not very skilled at it yet and totally busted his face in the dirt. Poor kid was screaming so hard and wouldn't stop until I had him back in the car in his seat with his sippy cup of milk. The funny part is that while all this chaos was going on I had a pack of 'Greeners' (that's a word for hippy out here) watching, giving me weird looks, and walking in our general direction. A normal person would kind of give a sympathetic/weird/awkward/poor mom look my way and keep their distance but not these people. As I'm sitting in dirt trying to console my screaming snotty child these people walk right to where we were, which wasn't by anything or anyone, to look at a leaf on a tree next to us. A freakin' leaf! Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment